Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Calm before the storm.

Hello Everyone from my room in Notting Hill,

Short blog with no pictures so I can understand if you don't wish to read on....haha.....

Sunday:  After church and relaxing times at Starbucks last Sunday Laura and I came home, in the rain, got money out, did laundry, came home and did homework. Fascinating.  I made salmon, steamed vegetables, and rice for dinner! YES, I did! It was awesome!  I was so proud of myself.

Monday: Laura and I went to Starbucks Monday morning (Lenten sacrifice broken for the sake of academics) to do homework.  I also wrote postcards.  I spent the rest of the day Monday writing my paper for sociology and reading my book for London and Literature.  Monday night I cereal for dinner, and went to bed early.  Amen.

Tuesday: Tuesday morning Laura and I went to the British Library in the morning to get homework done.  Again, I worked on my society paper.  Both Laura and I were able to get a lot of work done, the library clearly affected us for the better. Haha.  I went to my Literature in London class where my professor signed my copy of his book, Fragmented, that I had purchased.  Tuesday night, Marisa and I were scheduled to go to the play "Lady of the Sea" for our theater class out in Kingston.  Marisa forgot her ticket at home so I waited for her and we boarded the train.  We got off the train and wandered around the town of Kingston.  We called our theater professor who directed us down the winding streets of Kingston towards the Rose Theater.  After concluding that we were never going to the theater and be VERY late for the play we FINALLY made to theater with 10 minutes to spare.  Go us.  We took the train back and got home at the appropriate hour of 11 pm.  We spent the next hour talking to Jake, Laura, Marisa, and Aaron re-caping life and Marisa and Aaron's engagement.  Aaron (Marisa's boyfriend - now fiancee) came over to London for SJU's spring break.  The couple spent some time in Paris and on their first night there Aaron proposed to Marisa and she said yes.  I am very happy for them.  So (on Monday night) Laura and I made a "Happy Engagement" sign for the happy couple with the limited craft resources we had of highlighters.
YAY!

Wednesday:  Marisa and I spent the morning in our theater class (Beth was sick).  I must admit I was VERY tired and did not want to be in class but salvation came in the form of Marisa and I acting out a scene with fake hats.  It was very funny.  We are very good actresses I must admit.  After class I spent the rest of the day in the library finishing my society paper.  I took a coffee break at Cafe Nero though I still continued to work on my paper.  I finished it, satisfied, at 10 pm.  My throat has been very sore this week (Wednesday night included).  I had a hard time falling asleep because I spent hours coughing from an itchy throat.  Medicine has helped though.

Thursday:  Today I woke up and headed to campus early to edit my society paper.  I went to my London in Literature class then had lunch followed by my British Society Since 1945 class.  Tonight Laura, Kate, and Audra and I went to Whole Foods for our now annual Thursday night wine tasting.  The wines tonight were white and red wines.  The food varied from soup to mac and cheese to Asian soup and sausage.  We came home and Laura and I had breakfast for dinner (eggs, sausage, and toast).  It was very yummy.  I made the eggs :)

TOMORROW IS I GO TO WALES FOR THE WEEKEND!!! Rooming with Laura, hiking, sailing, and town crusin' in SNOWDONIA (yes, it's a real place)! super stoked.

Currently relaxing with Audra and Laura, reading, and doing whatever it takes to avoid packing....


March Madness Marathon commences now: it's now or never.  I am prepared to fully live and soak up every experience I have over the next 4 weeks.  London will NEVER forget me ;).


Pictures of WALES in the blog to follow!

CHEERS,
MK

No comments:

Post a Comment